We are honored to announce Global Z is now partnered with the Aspen Institute’s Center for Native American Youth.
‘Virtual Audio Production Technology’
This episode explores the CAD M139 microphone, then discusses the primary technology used by The Global Z Recording Project to record our virtual projects.
So this is cool. Sweetwater Sound is partnering with Global Z to sponsor our Phase II North America Indigenous Music Project. Not too shabby, eh? Many thanks to Sweetwater for supporting our student musicians and helping launch our Phase II Project later this year!
‘Bridging the Technology Gap’
A new format for our vlog will feature a different microphone being used for each episode. This allows our viewers to hear a wide variety of microphone characteristics from a wide variety of microphones. Then, a reflection of where and when The Global Z Recording Project got its start and why it took ten years to go from concept to launch.
From A To Global Z Episode 2 is posted:
This video reveals how the personal, professional, and educational experiences of Bill Lord morphed into the conceptualization and launch of The Global Z Recording Project.
We have a new weekly vlog that was just published, called From A To Global Z.
The series provides a behind-the-scenes view of the past, current, and future workings of The Global Z Recording Project. You can access our vlog via our website menu bar!
Please check us out!
What an amazing year. With the help of our terrific Board Members, Volunteers, Student Interns, Student Musicians, Supporting Parents, Supporting Organizations, and Sponsors, we have successfully:
- Completed our Phase I Proof of Concept Project – Colorado and Maryland
- Completed Phase I Summative Survey and Data Analysis
- Successfully mixed and mastered Come Home
- Produced Come Home Phase I music video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Po2RQLwYV4&feature=youtu.be
- Added Dr. Jonathan Cresci to the Board – Director of Audio Production
- Applied for 80+ grants
- Received private donations
- Received grant funds from an anonymous foundation
- Acquired new mics, tripod, USB audio interfaces and video lighting
- Produced a fundraising video
- Developed Instagram site with the assistance of a student team from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Bachelor of Innovation (c/o Dr. Jenifer Roberson)
- Conducted an analysis and action plan to improve organizational branding, visibility, and attract grant and sponsor funding with research and guidance provided by a graduate student from American University School of International Service (c/o Prof Stephanie Fischer)
- Recruited Dr. Kelly Laurila (Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada), as an Indigenous Culture subject matter expert
- Changed our mission statement
- Produced a new informational and topic-related vlog – From A To Global Z: Episode 1 (currently in post-production)
- Partnered with Todd Rundgren’s Spirit of Harmony Foundation
- Established new partnership with George Mason University Law School Arts and Entertainment Clinic (c/o Dr. Sandra Aistars)
- A team of graduate students from the University of New Mexico Organization, Information, and Learning Sciences (c/o Dr. Damien Sanchez) continued work on the creation of a learning management system shell and the design and development of Phase II content with Dr. Jim Honeycutt and Dr. Kelly Laurila
- A student intern from Academy of the Fine Arts Frederick (c/o Jonathan Kurtz) conducted a characteristics analysis of microphones available to Global Z to be used during future recording projects
Every year I look back on what has been achieved and every year I stare at the computer monitor truly humbled. Five plus years since our beginning, I find myself more humbled than ever.
Our 2020 objectives are numerous and will prove to be highly informative. I hope you will continue to track our progress as we work our way toward offering truly global audio production and community-building projects.
With heart-felt thanks to all who continue in many unique ways to make this organization a reality. I wish you all peace through music and a Healthy & Happy New Year. Cheers.